20 May, 2024

Don't miss your end of year contribution cut-off dates for 2023-24

The end of the financial year can be a great time to add a little extra to your super (if you can) to make the most of some of the tax concessions super offers.

What’s the cut-off date for personal contributions?

To make sure that your personal contributions count in the 2023-24 financial year, we need to receive them by the following deadlines.

Paying by BPAY

To allow for processing times, your BPAY payments should be made no later than midnight Wednesday 26 June 2024.

To make your contribution, you’ll need our biller code and your reference number. These are available on your yearly Member statement, and in Member Online by going to Contributions > Make contributions.

Paying by cheque

Cheques must be received by us by 3pm AEST on Friday 28 June 2024.

Cheques must be payable to ‘Spirit Super’ and must be accompanied by a Make a contribution form or remittance advice.

Cheques can be posted to:

Spirit Super
GPO Box 1547
Hobart TAS 7001

Notice of intent to claim a tax deduction

If you intend to claim a tax deduction on after-tax contributions made in the 2023-24 financial year, you must submit a claim before submitting your tax return for 2023-24. The latest you can submit a claim for the 2023-24 financial year is 30 June 2025.

For details on how to submit a claim, see our Claiming tax deductions for contributions fact sheet.

Don’t go over your contributions caps

To keep things fair for everyone, there are limits on the amount you can contribute to super each financial year. If you go over these limits, you may pay more tax. For more details, see Contributions caps.

You can check to see how close you are to reaching your caps in Member Online by going to Contributions > Contributions caps.

What happens if I miss the cut-off date?

Any contributions received after Friday 28 June 2024 will be processed the following financial year. This may have tax implications for you in the 2024-25 financial year, particularly if you go over your contributions caps for that year.