How we compare
See the table to understand how our Balanced option compares with other funds.
Annual fees for a Balanced (MySuper) investment option ($50,000 account balance)
For more details of our fees and costs including definitions, please read the Fees and costs fact sheet.
Example of annual fees and costs
It’s important to understand that your fees and costs vary based on your balance and your chosen investment options.2
This table gives an example of how the ongoing fees and costs for the Balanced (MySuper) option in Spirit Super can affect your super investment over a one-year period. You should use this table to compare this super product with other super products.
|Spirit Super default Balanced (MySuper) option||Balance of $50,000|
|Administration fees and costs||$67.60 plus 0.15% of your account balance each year (the percentage fee is capped at $450 each year) plus 0.0701% deducted from reserves.||For every $50,000 you have in the MySuper product you'll be charged, or have deducted from your investment $110.05* in administration fees and costs, plus $67.60, regardless of your account balance.|
|PLUS investment fees and costs||0.44%||And, you'll be charged or have deducted from your investment $220.00 in investment fees and costs.|
|PLUS transaction costs||0.11%||And, you'll be charged or have deducted from your investment $55.00 in transaction costs.|
|EQUALS cost of product||$452.65||If your balance was $50,000 at the beginning of the year, then for that year you'll be charged fees and costs of $452.65^ for the super product.|
*This amount includes an estimated $35.05 deducted from reserves (not from your account).
^Additional fees may apply.
You pay $67.60 + 0.15% of your account balance pa in admin fees, capped at $517.60 each year.1 2 3
If required, an additional amount may be deducted from fund assets held in general reserves to meet administration expenses that exceed the administration fees and costs deducted from member accounts. In 2022-23 we deducted 0.0701%4 of net assets per member from general reserves. This amount can vary from year to year.
Investment fees and costs and transaction costs
Investment fees and costs for each of our investment options include base investment fees and costs and performance-related fees. Each investment option also incurs transaction costs. These fees are deducted from investment returns before they’re allocated to your account through the daily determination of unit prices.3 5
|Investment options||Estimated investment fees and costs (% of assets each year)||Estimated transaction costs (% of assets each year)|
|Diversified fixed interest||0.18%||0.04%|
Member activity related fees and costs
|Buy-sell spread||$0||Not applicable|
|Switching fee||$0||Not applicable|
|Other fees and costs 4||Other fees and costs, such as activity fees, personal advice fees and insurance fees may be charged, but these will depend on the nature of the activity, advice or insurance.||Activity fees are deducted from your account, when applicable. Personal advice fees are deducted from your account when you consent to the deduction and other conditions are met. Insurance fees are deducted in arrears at the end of each month from your account, or when you close your account.|
- Other fees apply. For more details read the Fees and costs fact sheet.
- The cost of providing access to general information, education and personal (intra-fund) advice on your Spirit Super account is included in the administration fees and costs charged to your account. Read about our advice options.
- If your account balance for a Spirit Super accumulation account is less than $6,000 at 30 June each year or when you close your account, certain fees and costs charged to you in relation to administration and investments are capped at 3% of your account balance. Any amount charged in excess of that cap must be refunded.
- The additional percentage fee of 0.0701% is an estimate based on Spirit Super’s experience for the financial year ending 30 June 2023. The percentage will vary from year to year.
- The base investment fees and costs and transaction costs are estimated based on Spirit Super’s experience for the financial year ending 30 June 2023. The estimated performance-related fees are calculated based on averages over a longer period up to 30 June 2023. Investment fees and costs include an estimated amount of 0.00% - 0.13% for performance-related fees, depending on the investment option. The calculation basis for these amounts of performance fees is set out under the Additional explanation of fees and costs in our Fees and costs fact sheet. The percentage will vary from year to year.
Scheduled outage - We are making improvements to Member Online this weekend. It will be unavailable from 8:30pm Friday 1 December - 5pm Saturday 2 December. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.